From the innocent and otherworldly Edward Scissorhands to the scandalous pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow, Depp has masterfully brought several unique characters to life. I would love to have created any one of them for him to portray. How many Johnny Depp movies and characters can you recall? Take a fun break with this trivia quiz to find out. Spoiler Alert: The answers follow immediately after the questions.
1. In 1984, a young Johnny Depp plays the role of Glen Lantz, the boyfriend of this movie’s heroine. He is killed by a vicious child murderer who attacks while victims sleep. What is the title of the movie?
2. In Platoon (1986), Johnny Depp plays Private Gator Lerner. What is his role in the platoon?
3. What is the title of the 1990 movie in which Depp’s character is an ageless artificial boy with strange appendages for hands and which famous actor plays his inventor?
4. In the thriller Nick Of Time (1995), Depp plays a widowed accountant who is forced to try to assassinate California’s governor. How do the criminal masterminds convince him to go along with the plot?
5. Johnny Depp plays skittish police constable Ichabod Crane in Sleepy
Hollow (1999). Who is his foe in the movie and which actor plays him?
Night Falls (2000) is a film starring Johnny Depp based on a true story about the homosexual poet/novelist, Reinaldo Arenas. Where is Arenas from?
7. Johnny Depp first plays the charismatic scoundrel, Captain Jack Sparrow for Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (2003). On what real life person does he base his portrayal of this now famous pirate character?
8. In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005), Depp plays Willy Wonka, an eccentric candy factory owner who is estranged from his father. What is his father’s profession?
9. In The
Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009), Johnny Depp’s character is a transformation of the character Tony. Tony is initially played by what famous actor who died while the movie was being filmed?
10. What is the title of the 2010 comedic romantic drama in which Johnny Depp plays a lovelorn American tourist in France who becomes tangled in the web of his seductive costar, Angelina Jolie?
1. The title of the 1984 movie in which Johnny Depp’s character is killed by a child murderer is A Nightmare on Elm Street.
2. Private Lerner’s job is to translate Vietnamese for the platoon.
3. The title of the 1990 movie is Edward Scissorhands. Vincent Price plays the inventor who creates Edward.
4. The criminal masterminds who want California’s governor killed have kidnapped the accountant’s daughter.
5. The Headless Horseman is Ichabod Crane’s foe. He is played by Christopher Walken.
6. Reinaldo Arenas is from Cuba.
7. Johnny Depp says Rolling Stones guitarist, Keith Richards, is the inspiration for his quirky portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow.
8. Willy Wonka’s father is a dentist who forbade Willy to eat candy while growing up.
9. Tony is initially played by Heath Ledger who died while The
Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus was being filmed.
10. The title of this 2010 movie is The Tourist.
If you answered all ten trivia questions about Johnny Depp’s movie roles correctly, congratulations! You are a true fan of this gifted, unconventional actor and his unusual but always entertaining body of work. And a true fan of unforgettable characters!
About This Blog:
The Found in the Jewelry Box Blog is my attempt to teach others about the wonderful world of gems and jewelry, past and present. Please enjoy!
Get a Free Online Appraisal atwww.mearto.com/appraisal